Refund Policy for Career Media
A. Subscription Plans and Refund Policy
The subscription plans ("Subscription Service") shall be launched by Career Media in due courses. This would be a personalized Subscription that offers, recommends and helps you with Counseling Guidance and Expertise (“Counseling Content” henceforth) and would be specific to each of your qualifying examinations. You can access the Counseling Content, through the Career Media website or Career Media mobile application by subscribing to any category of your choice from the available subscription plans (“Subscription”).
The Subscription will allow you access to all the “Counseling content” for your qualifying examination during the Subscription Period. If you are under 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your location, you may use the Subscription only with involvement of a parent or guardian. We personalize content and feature them as part of the Subscriptions, including showing you recommendations on external content in the subscribed category, and other related categories that might be of interest to you. We also endeavour to continuously improve the Subscriptions and subscription plans to improve your subscription experience.
The Subscription allows you to access the Counseling Content on the Career Media Platform on a subscription basis in the subscribed category for, for a limited period of time during the Subscription Period. The subscriptions may be limited to one or multiple devices as defined in the Subscription plan. You can subscribe to the category of your choice by clicking the Subscribe option, choosing the devices, and making the required payment for the subscription plan of your choice. In order to access the Counseling content, you will need to use a personal computer, a mobile device, portable media player, or any other device that meets the system and compatibility requirements (a "Compatible Device").
The Compatible Devices may change from time to time and, in some cases, whether a device is (or remains) a Compatible Device may depend on software or systems provided or maintained by the device manufacturer or other third parties. Accordingly, devices that are Compatible Devices at one time may cease to be Compatible Devices in the future. Thus, kindly make sure that the device that you use is compatible with our system/software to avail the Subscription Service.
Subject to payment of the Subscription fee, and your compliance with all terms of this Agreement, Career Media grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited license, during the applicable Subscription Period, to access and view the Counseling Content in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, for personal, non-commercial, private use only. We may automatically remove you access to the Counseling Content from your Compatible Device after the end of the Subscription Period or in accordance with any restriction mentioned in this Agreement.
You may not (i) transfer, copy or display the Counseling Content, except as permitted in this Agreement; (ii) sell, rent, lease, distribute, or broadcast any right to the Counseling Content; (iii) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Counseling Content; (iv) attempt to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any digital rights management or other content protection system used as part of the Subscription; or (v) use the Subscription or Counseling Content for any commercial or illegal purpose.
B. Additional terms
1. Modification of Subscription:Career Media reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Subscription Service, or any part of the Subscription Service, at any time and without notice (except as required by applicable law), and Career Media will not be liable to you should it exercise such rights, even if your ability to use Counseling Content is impacted by the change.
2. Refund:The “Counseling Content” offered under the Subscription plans are detailed out for each Subscription plan and the Users are advised to validate the Subscription Plans, exam category chosen, devices chosen etc... before making the required payment for the Subscription plan of your choice. There shall be no refund once the subscription plans are chosen and payment made against the chosen Subscription plan.
3. Amendments:Career Media reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time by posting the revised terms in connection with the Subscription Service. To the maximum extent permitted by law, your continued use of the Subscription Service following any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
4. Reservation of Rights; Waiver:The Subscription Service and the Counseling Content embody intellectual property that is protected by law. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
6. Limitation of Liability:Without limiting the disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability in the Career Media
- In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages arising out of or related to your use or inability to use the Subscription Service exceed the amount of INR 500 (Indian Rupees Five Hundred) or 50% of the payment made for Subscription Plan, whichever is lower; and
- In no event shall the total liability to you for all damages arising from your use of the Subscription Service, the Counseling Content, or information, materials included on or otherwise made available to you through the Subscription Service, exceed INR 500 (Indian Rupees Five Hundred) or 50% of the payment made for Subscription Plan, whichever is lower. The limitations in this section will apply to you even if the remedies fail of their essential purpose.
7. Contact Information:For communications concerning this Agreement, please write to Career Media at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Severability:If any term or condition of this Agreement is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or condition.
C. Refund of Voluntary Contributions
Till the time the subscription plans are launched, Career Media shall be receiving voluntary contributions from users. Voluntary contributions thus received shall be not be towards any services provided by Career Media, or to be provided by Career Media at any point in time in the future. The voluntary contributions do not fall under the refund policy, and Career Media shall not accept any claim whatsoever for any refund of voluntary contributions received, or for provision of services, or access to subscription plans against the voluntary contributions.